Thursday, January 28, 2010

in retrospect...I probably don't need 8 winter running jackets

End of the story...no room in my dresser because there are too many running jackets

Whole story...as many of you know, in the past year I have slowly become a bit of a runner. And I mean slowly. When I first started to glance over at the dreadmill in the gym I thought, "ugh". I won't lie,running is not enjoyable at the beginning. I couldn't run for more than 5 minutes at first and a lot of wheezing, bouncing and cursing went on. But then one day I found myself actually enjoying a 30 minute run (gasp! I know). The wind in your hair, the bugs in your mouth. (seriously, if you run outside it's eventually going to happen....low cal protein) So now that running and I are on good terms with each other I am training for the NYC half-marathon that is this March. During the long runs on the weekend I run outside in Central Park because running on the treadmill for more than one hour at a time makes me want to run into a brick wall and end it all. Well, it seems that each weekend it gets chilly and for most runs this winter it has been in the 20s. So I thought...I must wear the appropriate clothes during my run to stay warm. It started with me asking for 1 cool weather jacket and 1 cold weather jacket for my birthday. I loved them! And I discovered "cuffins" (cuffs on the jacket that can be turned into mittens) and I now love them more than muffins. But then I thought, I can't just have one jacket to run outside in, other people might notice and think that I am gross (yes I am narcissistic enough to think that the other runners in Central Park notice what clothes I am wearing). So then I stopped by Lululemon (just to look) and bought another jacket. Then I went to the outlets and bought 2 more jackets from Lululemon. Oh, did I mention that the last 3 jackets were the same exact jacket just in different colors? Yea, I think I need an intervention.


But I also look super cute when I am running!

in retrospect...I probably don't need 8 winter running jackets

No comments:

Post a Comment